Sunday 2 May 2010

Breathe New Life into Your Wardrobe

What do you do if one of your favourite outfits from your wardrobe is now less than a perfect fit? Or if you've been reading this blog and have spotted a beautiful item in a charity shop or at a bootfair but it's not in your size? Well, don't despair, breathe new life into it with a fabulous restyle! 


The high street has so many drawbacks when it comes to clothes. Being a curvier lady myself, the high street has it's limitations if you're not a size 8-12, yet want to be able to indulge in designer labels. Plus, if you shop on the high street you're virtually guaranteed to see someone else wearing something that you've got in your own wardrobe! On top of this, of course, buying preloved clothes and giving them a new lease of life, is great for charities, the environment and especially your bank balance!


Let me share some of my favourite restyle tips with you, here:

I found a pair of Moschino printed jeans at a bootfair that were such a tiny size, they'd never have fitted me in my wildest dreams (unfortunately). I thought the fabric was cool though and I saw the potential in them. I paid just £1 for them and have turned them into a bag and clutch that look far better than they looked as jeans! Fabulous!
I also got a pair of D and G Jeans for free at a swish that are also far too small (I will lose weight)! I'm going to enlist the help of a creative tailor to make these into a funky denim skirt. 


At a previous swish I saw a gorgeous little top with embroidered flowers that just didn't fit across my back, so I got the top altered into a tie up cardigan that now fits perfectly! All for free!


A suit I bought for £2 from The Red Cross charity shop is in a fabric I love but the skirt just looks a bit dated. I'm going to get this taken up to a more flattering length and add a funky gathered effect to give it a more unique vibe.


Here you can see that a 'new' wardrobe can be born out of attraction and attention rather than cash and consumerism.

No comments:

Post a Comment